Trek Fuel EX 9.8 29 2019 Mountain Bike
- Brand: TREK
- Product Code: Fuel EX 9.8 29
- Availability: 1
Trek Fuel EX 9.8 2019 Mountain Bike
Who is this bike for?
Mountain bikers who do it all, from attacking the climbs to hitting rough descents. To help increase stability, they are slightly longer than trail and cross-country bikes, but will use wider bars and shorter stems for more reactive steering.
About the Bike
Fuel EX 9.8 is the versatile carbon trail bike that can climb with the XC crowd and throw down with the rowdy trail crew. A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain, carbon wheels and FOX Performance Float suspension with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft shock make it the perfect choice for all-mountain shredders who want a single bike that does it all. You like going fast, getting rowdy and clearing every obstacle on the first try. You want a single bike that can handle any trail, with high-quality parts, a carbon frame, and dialled suspension for everything from burly technical descents to singletrack and even XC races.
A light and stiff OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Carbon 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for quick engagement, a 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain, a 130 mm FOX Performance 34 Float fork, and a FOX Performance Float shock featuring Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft. Plus, a Bontrager Line dropper post and a 35 mm Bontrager Line Pro OCLV Carbon handlebar. The Fuel EX 9.8 is the definitive mountain bike, and a great choice if you're going to invest in a single bike for all kinds of terrain. A carbon frame, quality parts build and advanced suspension make it an outstanding all-around mountain bike for every kind of trail.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon Frame is mountain bike specific for tougher carbon with unique materials and lay up procedures
- Fox Rhythm 34 Float Fork is highly capable for demanding terrain with enough travel to instill confidence when the trail gets rough
- Fox Performance Float EVOL Rear Shock for efficient pedalling and pumping, and instantly soaks up bumps to keep you in control
- Shimano GX Eagle 12 Speed Drivetrain for precise gear changes and making it easier to ride up steep hills
- Shimano SLX Hydraulic Disc Brakes for reliability and consistency you can count on
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue 29 x 2.4˝ Tyres offers Incredible traction and cornering for loose and rocky trails, wet or dry
About the Brand
Trek Bikes began in 1976, and their mission was simple: Build the best bikes in the world. Today, Trek gives the brightest and most passionate cycling designers and researchers the resources to question everything. Because innovation happens only when you have the courage to ask the hard questions and go where no one has gone before. To lead, you must invent. Trek Factory Racing athletes compete at the highest level of their sport and inspire all to experience the grit and glory of professional cycling.